If you are a registered Canadian charity that requires financial support to meet the highest needs of children, youth, and their families, you may apply for a grant from The Giving Tree Foundation of Canada.
Key Interest Areas:
- Children’s health and wellbeing – urgently needed programs and services that save lives, promote healing and enhance health for children and youth
- Non-traditional learning – alternative education opportunities that help youth overcome such obstacles as limited resources and learning blocks
- Youth philanthropy and leadership – programs that provide kids with experiential engagement in social change and community leadership
- Children and youth mental health – initiatives that improve functioning, reduce stigma, elevate quality of life, and promote positive mental health
- Program/service must be delivered in Canada.
- The applying charity must have a dedicated Board of Directors that philanthropically supports the charity.
- The charity must not be a service club or political/religious in nature.
- The application must be for a project in which The Giving Tree Foundation of Canada can make a substantial difference to the agency.
To be considered, please submit an initial letter (1-3 pages in length) with an overview of your proposal, statement of need, program description, who it will benefit, estimated budget, timeframe, and contact information.
Letters should be sent to the attention of JoAnne Korten.